“Moving on Up!”
What is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is a non-surgical “face lift”. It is the only non-invasive treatment cleared by the FDA for lifting the skin on the neck, chin, and brow, and improving lines and wrinkles on the décolletage. Ultherapy uses microfocused ultrasound energy to lift and tighten loose skin, without any downtime.
How Does it Work?
Ultherapy delivers precise, microfocused sound energy (aka ultrasound) to stimulate the formation of new collagen in the skin’s foundational layer. It is the only procedure to use ultrasound imaging, allowing practitioners to see the layers of issue being targeted during the treatment to ensure a uniquely tailored treatment. The use of microfocused ultrasound energy causes two stages of lifting:
- Initial Stage: lifting occurs as a result of the contraction and denaturation of collagen within the Thermal Coagulation Points (TCPs)
- Second Stage: lifting occurs over time when the body’s wound-healing response repaids the “injury” caused by the ultrasound energy and builds new collagen (neocollagenesis) which inherently improves viscoelastic properties.
The production of new collagen takes time, clinically significant lift of the tissue is more apparent over two to three months. The procedure takes about 30 to 90 minutes depending on the area treated. There is no downtime.
What are the benefits?
- Nonsurgically lifts, tones and tightens the skin
- Stimulates the production of the body’s own collagen
- No downtime and results can be seen with just one treatment
- Non-invasively treats “below” the skin
- Provides natural-looking, noticeable results
- Clinically proven efficacy and safety profile
- Enhances the effects of surgery, a great post-surgery option
Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
Ultherapy treats the deep foundational layer addressed in cosmetic surgery but is not a replacement for a surgical facelift. Ultherapy is great for anyone looking for facial lifting but are not ready for surgery or for patients looking to extend the effects of cosmetic surgery.
How Long Does it Last?
The procedure stimulates the person’s own collagen production, how long the results last depends on the individual. The treatment produces new collagen on the inside, but the individual’s natural aging process will dictate how long that translates into visible results on the outside. Future touch-up treatments can help provide more control over the aging process, which varies by individual.
Will I need Time off Work?
There is NO downtime. You can return to life as usual immediately following treatment.
*individual results may vary